Monday, July 27, 2009

Mercede Faye is on her way!!!!!

"IT'S A GIRL!", Erica the sonogropher said at 6:19 pm on Friday, July 24th! Immediately Mackenzie starts clapping and Tyler folds his arms over his chest and won't speak to anyone!

Joey actually said he could tell it was a girl before Erica even said anything! Sadie (as we are going to call her for short) was an energetic little thing when we first got in the room, rolling around and kicking, sucking her thumb... but we couldn't quite tell if she was a girl or a boy for about 20 minutes or so. She was being shy! Erica kept pushing on my belly to get her to turn around so we could "take a peek", but she wasn't cooperating! At this point I'm thinking, "great, we drove all the way down here and I've been waiting all this time so excited to find out and we're going to have to go home without knowing..."

Erica suggested I turn and lay on my left side since Sadie was laying with her spine in my ribs and her head down, maybe we could catch a glimpse.... so.....

I lay on my side and Joey said he could see Erica find the foot and travel up the leg a few times, and each time she did that, Joey kept saying "it's a girl, it's a girl", but I wasn't quite convinced he knew what he was looking at! I was having a hard time trying to follow on the screen where she was and what she was actually looking at... and then she said ..."I am positive... It's a girl! Congratulations!".

My in-laws were in the room with us and sitting with the kids, Joey was next to me and he said he automatically saw Kenzie's face light up as she said "Sadie!" and Ty's arms go up and crossed over his chest.

Needless to say, we're all ecstatic, Ty will take some time to come around though I think! I couldn't believe how upset he was that he wasn't getting a brother! He wouldn't speak to me, he wouldn't speak to anyone that night as a bunch of the Alonso clan got together for dinner... if anyone asked him about the baby, he would just look up at them with his arms crossed. He's so dissapointed it kind of makes me feel bad. Joey even promised him bunk beds still... it brightened him up a bit, but not much. I used to get good night hugs and kisses from Ty and he would also give the baby (a/k/a my belly!) a good night hug and kiss and say "good night baby", but not anymore. Not since Friday.

We're praying that his attitude will change quickly, and I know it will... I guess it's just a lot for a little boy of 5 yrs old who had his heart set on having a little brother to share a room and play with. We'll just keep praying and see!

In the mean time, IT'S A GIRL!!!!!! Now I can start planning and buying things and organizing and all the fun stuff that comes along with it! Watch out, Sadie will b in nothing but PINK for a very long time!

P.S. I'm still working on getting these ultrasound pictures to scan to where you can actually see them! I'll post more later!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kim! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's about time, Aunt Carrie was wondering when you were going to post the news on your blog...congratulations once again! So I guess you will be keeping Etsy.com in business??? Oh, and if you need me to help with scanning mine came out pretty good so just let me know.

    ReplyDelete