Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The unveiling...

So I am so thoroughly excited! For once in this pregnancy things are starting to look organized and up!!!

I've been dealing with insurance companies, doctor's offices, hospital, labs and ultrasound techs for weeks now and finally have it all figured out.... I think! Keep praying of course!

Our ultrasound is set for this Friday, July 24, 2009 at 6 pm - and we will finally (hopefully) know if we are having a girl or a boy!

I have to say a special "Thank you" to my friend Heather for putting me on to these ultrasound techs! They've all been so nice thus far on the phone and returning phone calls so promptly that I'm kind of beside myself with the niceness of it all. Some of you that have babies or are pregnant understand the "joys" of what I'm talking about here! So THANK YOU, THANK YOU Heather! Love ya!

Anyway, I thought I'd also unveil the names that we have chosen in this blog... are you ready???
So after weeks of dealing with my loving hubby and names that I liked and picked out and him saying "no, not that one, I knew a kid in school with that name"... or "there's already too many kids with that name", we've finally agreed on some. Joey has a thing about wanting "T" names for boys and "M" names for girls to keep with the tradition of our kids, Mackenzie and Tyler... so here they are...

If it's a girl - Mercede Faye
If it's a boy - Trevor Allen

Now, you may ask, "Mercede?" Mercedes was Joey's great-great grandmother from Spain. Joey was the love of her life and doted on him like crazy... carrying him around on her hip until he was 6 yrs old or so, never letting the girls pick on him, etc... he was her favorite! We have decided to call her "Sadie". I personally love the tradition of carrying on a family name... actually "Faye" is my middle name, my Mom's middle name, and Joey's Aunt's middle name... so there's a family link there too! I also have to thank Heather again for coming up with the nickname of "Sadie". Joey and I, and Kyle and Heather had gone out to eat in Tampa, one of our fave places "The Columbia" which is an authentic spanish restaurant that's been around for over 100 years I think. We were all talking about names and being in a Spanish atmosphere I happened to ask Joey what his great grandma's name was... and ta-da! We had our girl name... Heather said "you could call her Sadie!!!!" and I instantly fell in love with it... so thanks again Heather!

Now the boy name, Trevor... I just love this name. There are not many Trevor's around here and it's a "T" name as well, so I lucked out when I threw that name out there for Joey to think about! The middle name, "Allen", is Joey's favorite Uncle's (Uncle Paul) middle name... and it just goes together Joey says!

Anyway, thought I'd let you know what names we've decided on. Tune in later this week to find out the unveiling of Baby Alonso #3!!!

Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. I hope all goes well at the appointment on Friday! I CAN'T WAIT to find out what it is!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you settled on Sadie so I reallllly hope it's a girl!!! We need to do lunch again soon too so we can catch up before everything gets crazy again!! LOVE YA XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete